Mobile browsing is still a drag whatever hype tells you it’s not. Image or text display, compacting html pages, scrolling without being able to view the complete page, navigation issues, … the perfect browser hasn’t been produced yet.
Being able to display News through an RSS reader seemed the best option, I learned last November at the W3C “Mobile Web Initiative” Workshop.
I tried it immediately, subscribed to the service and received a 7-Day free trial account. I entered some of my favourite feeds online (= still always better on the laptop then on your mobile!) and downloaded the app to my mobile.
I was stunned how easy, fast and practical this service works: I can view my headlines and download the complete articles whenever I want. This is a good example that reading on the phone (while travelling or waiting) can work, all articles very well structured and readable in a good font.
Innovation Strategist - Enabling Mobile Value Added Products & Services
- Announcing shift 2020 – How Technology Will Impact Our Future
- The Next Web Guest Post on How Mobile Technology is Transforming Africa
- How Mobile Technology is Transforming Africa
- How Mobile Transforms Any Business (Slides & Video)
- Mobile Opportunities in Africa – Engaging the next Billion
- Time for an app?
- Mobile World Congress 2013 Networking Events & Parties
- African Innovation Communication Agency Nyota Media Launches
- Moved to London
- Mobile Premier Awards Final Program!